The United Australia Lebanese Movement Australia Day Award CeremonyBookmark this
The United Australia Lebanese Movement (UALM) held its 22nd consecutive Australia Day Award Ceremony on 22/01/2020 endorsed by the Australia Day Council of NSW.
The UALM is the only organisation outside of Local Government able to hold such an event.
The UALM award high achieving Australian’s of Lebanese Heritage showcasing the contribution of Lebanese to Australia.
Every year a charity is selected for a donation at the end of the evening. This year all the branches from NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD and SA selected the NSW RFS due to the catastrophic events our state witnessed in the past months and donated $5,000.00 with further fundraising to be held including delivery of supplies to the affected bush fire regions in the coming weeks.
A minute of silence was held at the opening of the ceremony for all the fallen heroes who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
- Dr Mustapha Alameddin
- Mr George Mikhael
- Mr Andrew Batrouney
- Mr Julian Maroun
Official’s who attended:
- The Hon Ms Julie Owens MP, federal member for parramatta. Deputy chair of standing committee on appropriations and administration. Deputy chair of standing committee on tax and revenue.
- Opposition leader of NSW Ms Jodi Mckay member for Strathfield and shadow minister for multiculturalism
- Ms Julia Finn MP for Granville, Shadow minister for carers and shadow minister for consumer protection.
- Mr Jihad Dib, MP for Lakemba and Shadow Minister assisting on multiculturalism, shadow minister for juvenile justice, shadow minister for skills and tafe and shadow minister for youth.
- His Excellency Mr Charbel Macaron, Consul General of Lebanon in Sydney
- Vicar General of the Maronite Eparchy of Australia Rev Msgr Marcelino Youssef, representing His Excellency Antoine Charbel Tarabay Bishop of the Maronite Discoese of Australia
- Father Superior of the Lebanese Maronite Order at St Charbel Monastery, Rev Fr Charbel Abboud.
- Rev Father Tony Moussa media and public relations at St Charbel Monastery.
- Mr Arash Bordbar, Official Australia day Ambassador for this event
- Councillor Steve Christou, Mayor of Cumberland City Council
- The Hon. Philip Ruddock Mayor of Hornsby Shire Council
- Deputy Mayor Councillor Ali Karnib Representing Clr Wendy Waller Mayor of Liverpool City
- Deputy Mayor Councillor Bilal El-Hayek Representing Clr Khal Asfour Mayor of Canterbury Bankstown City Council
- Clr Rachelle Hraika Canterbury Bankstown city council
- Emeritus Mayor Tony Maroun
- Inspector Paul Mcgrath zone coordinator SI learning & development. Cumberland Zone NSW RFS.
- Superintendent Darryl Jobson Commander of Cumberland NSW Police Area Command
- Senior Constable Roland Dagher, Engagement and hate crime unit, counter terrorism command NSW Police.
- Mr Mohammad Chams Manager of the Islamic Charity Projects Association
- World Lebanese Cultural Union
- The Association of Development of Poetry and Heritage
- The Arab Heritage League
- Maronite Council of Australia
- Maronite Catholic Society
- Mr Tony Tawk Free Patriotic Movement National Council Representative in Australia
- Mr Charbel Radi UALM Federal President
-Ms Claudine Mansour Germanous UALM Vice president
- Mr Robert Bekhazi UALM Federal secretary
- Mr Charbel Dib UALM NSW Branch Coordinator
- Lebanese Political Parties: Kataeb, Marada, Independence Movement, Amal Movement